So I’ve been a little busy. You know, studying for this darn test. (Oh did I mention? I passed – on the first try!)
Now onto projects before I go completely mad as I have done (almost) nothing since January.
Well master bedroom closet, I’m picking you! Have I mentioned before how my sweet husband agreed to make the bathroom linen closet his clothes closet, thereby giving the entire walk-in closet to me? Well if I didn’t, consider it now mentioned. This incredibly selfless act should have resulted in a happy wife in her happy, organized closet. Not a cranky wife with a semi-messy, half-decorated closet. That’s just not right! While he struggles every day to keep his 12-foot wide closet organized, the fact that I can’t seem to finish this project is nothing short of criminal. So I have set myself an unbreakable deadline – Friday, May 18th. Why did I pick this day? Well it is the day my Mom is arriving to celebrate Mother’s Day and since I don’t think we’ve changed the house at all since she saw it last (for Christmas), this will need to be the project that sweeps her off her feet! I should clarify – we are always working on the house, but in the last few months I’ve been just a little busy and I refuse to have nothing new to show (it’s kind of a tradition)! I refuse. So, a list:
- Take everything on the floor OUT of the closet and decide where everything should go (back in the closet is not an option)
- Sort through all makeup and organize the bins so that I can put on my face (I love that expression) while seated
- Donate clothes and shoes that have not been worn in a while
- Frame and hang pictures
- Add hook next to mirror to hang pajamas
- Add tieback and hook for the curtain “door”
- Make pinboard ala Young House Love with fabric (all supplies are even already bought) and add pages from magazines I’ve been collecting
- Clean the closet thoroughly top to bottom (including dusting the molding and cleaning the mirrors)
And here’s where I post the very embarrassing before pictures to all of the Internet.
Image by Kristen for Kristen Loves Design.
So if you start at the picture in the upper left and go clockwise, you should get a good sense of the closet. And yes, the pictures are small and dark and blurry! That’s just my attempt to make the after pictures look oh-so-much better (or I was in a rush). You’ll also note that the closet is painted and partially organized, but certainly not quite decorated. Stay tuned for a completed project before this Friday (eek)!