So since I’m sharing corners of my home in a lot of my 365 (Days in Pictures) posts, I thought I would talk a little bit about each room we’ve worked on so far. And like Jules, I’ll be posting little projects on Thursdays (eek, that’s tomorrow!), so also like her I will be compiling my massive lists that I have for each room for things I still need to do (of course she’s already done; I’ll be working on that over the long weekend).
Of course I say all this and I can bet you won’t even notice most of the things that I consider “undone”. Ha, the life of someone obsessed with design and working on their house all the time!
Both images by Kristen for Kristen Loves Design.
I wish I could give you a before and after, but right now all my photos are backed up on CD and my other computer died, so we need to get an external CD drive already! Basically, the room was a boring builder-beige with only a wire shelf way too high above the appliance hook-ups and a sink with an ugly faucet.
We painted, added cabinets and shelves, changed the faucet, added a tin backsplash, a drying rack, and other decorations!
The laundry list (haha) of where everything is from:
- Paint color – Whitehall Brown in Eggshell from Benjamin Moore
- Cabinets – Estate cabinets from Lowe’s (I would not recommend these as they were impossible to install and didn’t come with cleats (a necessity when installing a cabinet that needs to hold a lot of weight for detergent and whatnot).
- Cabinet pulls – We switched out whatever came with the cabinet with these from Home Depot.
- Cabinet lights – Lowe’s
- Shelves – Home Depot (I think?) and these are only decorative. They are actually installed to block Dixie from jumping behind the washer and dryer and hiding all the time (and also ripping the dryer exhaust hose to shreds). I would say we have a 70% success rate on that one.
- Various picture frames, baskets, decorative items – Lowe’s, Home Depot, Target, Pottery Barn Michael’s, the thrift store. Oh and the picture in the circular frame is actually a goose cross-stitch that I made for my Mom when I was in high school and she had it professionally framed (I have no idea why!) It kind of matched the room and also makes me smile.
- Vacuum – Target
- Laundry baskets and rugs – Lowe’s and IKEA
- Sink backsplash and faucet – Lowe’s
- Soap dispenser – Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Laundry sign – I absolutely can’t remember! I bought it in 2007 and oddly have no idea where! Somewhere online though.
- Drying Rack – Pottery Barn. This is one of the only drying racks I ever found that collapses flat, pulls out horizontally and can hold almost two load worth of wet clothes!
- Litter Box – yes in the bottom right corner of the first picture that is indeed a litter box. Exciting, I know. But! The reason I wanted to point it out is because it’s our brand-new, white, bought-with-a-coupon ModKat that we love, love, love! Seriously, it’s just the best! We have two little but finicky cats (okay, Dixie is really the one who had litter box issues) and we’ve had it almost 3 weeks and no issues at all! Truly amazing. And it has reduced the litter tracking (we use wheat) about 95%. Can you tell I’m excited?!
So, where was I? Oh yes, well I hope you enjoyed the tour of our laundry room! Did I miss anything?
What about you? Where do you wash your laundry? Are you like me and covet those front-loading fancy machines in all the cool colors?